The good news is that after an absence of several months the club can start to meet and train again.
We have initially been allocated two sessions, Wednesday evenings from 8:45 till 10:00 (20:45 to 22:00) for seniors and Monday evening 7:30 to 8:30 (19:30 to 20:30) for juniors.
Obviously the arrangements will be mindful of the restrictions that are designed to keep us all safe in these difficult times.
The committee have been working with various bodies including Swim England and Freedom Leisure to construct a risk assessment that dovetails with the Arc’s own plans in order to achieve the maximum safety possible for our members, the ARC staff and the general public.
Four important changes to note before confirming the arrangements for the actual training sessions are:
firstly you must respond to the ‘teamer’ notification about the session, the current regulations restrict the sessions to thirty people in the water and places will be allocated on a ‘first to reply’ basis.
Secondly each attendee must complete an acknowledgement form before they arrive at each and every session, further details below.
Thirdly, we have to meet outside the centre and go to the changing rooms as a group, so we are asking that you arrive at least 15 minutes before the start of the session.
Fourthly, you must arrive ‘beach ready’ I.e. in swimming costume with tracksuit, dressing gown or other suitable outdoor clothing to keep you warm.
The form covers attendees acknowledgement of the risks involved in training and their ‘registration’ for “track and trace” purposes, it can be downloaded from: http://bit.ly/MWPC-COVID-19
We will have to check that everyone has filled in one of the forms for each session before they go inside so please do complete it before you arrive.
So the arrangements for the sessions are:
1) Respond to teamer in order to reserve your place in the session.
2) Beach ready before you come.
3)meet in the car park at 8:30pm (20:30) for the senior (Wednesday evening) session and 7:15pm (19:15) for the junior (Monday evening) session.
4) make sure you've printed and signed the document saying your OK to train etc. And handed it in to the session leader/coach.
5) 8.40pm(20:40) through reception on your left hand side, social distancing between other members, staff and members of the public etc.
6) go to the changing rooms, clothes off. (not your costume/trunks etc )
7) put stuff in lockers.
8) onto poolside and help get the equipment in to the pool.
9) once the session is finished help the equipment away.
10) quick shower, and get changed.
11) leave the centre as quickly as possible continuing to observe social distancing.
Please be aware that these are the current arrangements and we should anticipate that they may change regularly as rules and regulations evolve and all parties accumulate practical experience.
As things change we will endeavour to update this information, but please listen to any instructions given on the training night and communicated via the “what’s app and “teamer” apps.
If you have any questions/concerns please contact a committee member or coach